3 tablespoons olive oil
2 Skinless chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 medium red pepper
1 medium green pepper
2 chopped red chili (as desired)
2 large tomatoes skinned, or a 400 g tin of diced Italian tomatoes
150g frozen peas (defrosted)
500g rice (about) uncooked
500g cooked prawns
1 litre chicken stock
Salt, Pepper, Fresh Parsley and/or basil
1. Prepeare mise en place
2. Heat large frypan, and line pan with olive oil and heat.
3. Add garlic and onion, cook until onion is very lightly browned.
4. Add chicken pieces and cook 3 or 4 minutes.
5. Add chopped red & green peppers. Cook 5 minutes.
6. Add skinned tomatoes drop into scalding water and then iced after removing core and cutting a cross in other end. [or use tinned tomatoes] and some chili. Cook 5 mins.
7. Add the chicken stock counting how many ladles, then add half as many ladles of rice.
8. Season, then bring to boil, Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12 - 15 minutes.
9. Moisture may have to be added until rice is cooked. When the rice is cooked and moisture is virtually gone. Add defrosted peas and continue to simmer for about 2 more minutes then add cooked prawns at the last minute and heat them through by mixing them into the paella.
10. Turn off heat, cover with foil and rest 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley and/or basil.