INGREDIENTS: (serves 4)
- 1 continental cucumber
- 500g cooked prawns, peeled
- 2 shallots, finely sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, halved, deseeded and very finely sliced
- Halved grape tomatoes
- 30g walnuts or peanuts, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
1."Groove" the cucumber skin with the tines of a fork, and cut in half lengthways. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds and discard. Cut the cucumber into thin half moon shaped slices.
2. Combine the prawns, cucumber, diagonally sliced shallots, tomatoes mint and chilli.
3. Combine the lime juice, peanut oil, and sugar in a small bowl or jug. Drizzle over the salad and toss to combine. Scatter with the nuts and serve immediately.
Catalyst likes this.