1 Cup plain flour
1 Cup cooking oats
1 Cup caster sugar
¾ Cup desiccated coconut
1 Tablespoon golden syrup
125g Unsalted butter
1½ Teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
2 Tablespoons boiling water
1. Mix the flour, oats, sugar and coconut together.
2. Melt the golden syrup and butter over gentle heat
3. Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the boiling water, stir into the syrup mixture and pour over the dry ingredients, stirring until well mixed.
4. Put heaped teaspoons of the mixture about 2” [5cm] apart to allow for spreading, on greased oven trays, or on baking paper. You WILL need 2 inches (5cm) between them.
5. Bake in a moderate oven 170C [150C fan] for about 8 minutes - check after 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven and leave on the trays for a few minutes, then lift off with a spatula
NOTE: They will crisp up as they cool.
Kim likes this.